I subscribe to Manta. I would like to subscribe to Hoovers, but the cost simply outweighs the need. Manta is free and has much of the same information.
How many of you have ever used Manta? If you have not, give this a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Manta is a database of companies and contacts. It is a good tool for prospecting. You can choose to register for a free listing or not…..I have a company profile and I receive many good emails about strategy, sales tips, etc. Here’s how you access information:
- Log in to: http://www.manta.com
- Type your city (or the city you want to target) into the search box.
- Once your city results appear, scroll all the way down until you see the Categories box.
- Choose a category of business.
- Click on a company. You will get a company profile, names, addresses and phone numbers.
- There are also tabs on each Company Profile: report tabs (such as Dunn & Bradstreet), a map tab showing the location of the office, and web results tab.
- I have noted that if the company is registered on Manta, the information will be more complete than the generic listings…..but the generic listings still have valued information.
Give it a try – you might find companies in a target market segment for your hotel!